08 Jun Last Minute Father’s Day Celebration Ideas in Chicago
When asked, most dads will say they “don’t need anything” or “don’t want anything” for father’s day. This is almost an unwritten dad code. In fact, most dads love to be appreciated. They may not gravitate towards pomp and frills, but there are still plenty of ways to make him feel special during this annual celebration. Looking for some last minute father’s day celebration ideas in Chicago? We’ve got you covered.
Father’s Day Celebration Ideas
Every dad is different, and not every dad wants new grill gear every year. There’s no real replacement for quality time, so why not celebrate dad with a custom-planned outing just for him? If you have siblings, get them in on the action too and surprise him at every turn!
Start the morning with a hearty breakfast, whether you cook it yourself, collaborate with siblings for an epic feast, or take dad out to his favorite breakfast spot.
There are plenty of fun events going on in and around Chicago every weekend, from cooking classes, skydiving, boating, and more. A quick internet search will turn up the perfect course for your dad’s interests. Remember, this is about him! Tailor events to his preferences.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Give the gift of flight with Windy City Flyers for an unforgettable day.
- Does your dad love cars and racing? Give your dad the Indy Racing Experience.
- For the fisherman in your life, charter a fishing boat and embark on a family voyage – and enjoy fresh fish for dinner, too!
Head to dad’s favorite lunch spot to fuel up after a fun morning. There are plenty of restaurants offering brunches or father’s day specials. Alternately, fire up the grill and treat your dad to a custom homemade lunch.
- Take dad shopping to his favorite beer, wine, or spirits store for an evening refreshment.
- Gather up the family and head to the Adler Planetarium, the Art Museum, Navy Pier, or one of the many museums in Chicago.
- Join your dad for a cooking class at The Chopping Block for a fun and tasty experience together.
Whether your father’s day celebration is just getting started in the evening, or you’re having fun together and don’t want the celebration to stop, nightfall doesn’t have to slow the festivities.
Ideas for evening events in Chicago:
- Movies are a tried and true event, and for good reason. Treat dad to a luxury experience at Studio Movie Grill for dinner and a movie.
- Does your dad like trying new things? Why not try the Great Room Escape – a collaborative experience for something totally different than he expects.
- Take dad out to dinner at his favorite restaurant.
Father’s day is a time for celebration and appreciation for the dads and uncles in your life. Get the family together for a fun, upbeat night to remember.
Treat Dad to Dinner at Public House Chicago
Cap the day with a visit to Public House. This gastropub has a wide menu to suit many tastes, and a great selection of beer to complete the experience. Need a hand making reservations for this space? Give Birthday Bottle Service a call. We’ll take care of the reservations so that you can focus on the rest of dad’s big day.
There are plenty of things to do around Chicago for father’s day. Collaborate with mom and your siblings to come up with the perfect father’s day celebration ideas. Dad will appreciate the attention, even if he says otherwise! This year, father’s day is June 18th.