30 May Top Nightlife Safety Tips
During a fun night on the town, safety may be the farthest thing from your mind. Dancing, drinks, and a good time with friends are plenty of reasons to celebrate. Add to that special occasions like birthdays or engagements, and it’s all about the fun. Nightlife safety is easy and fits in to any evening on the town. These nightlife safety tips will help you have fun and get home without incident!
Nightlife Safety Tips
Unfortunately, there are some people who specifically look for easy targets to rob. When you’re having a good time, especially when drinks are involved, it’s a lot easier to take little notice of your surroundings. As a result, people who have been drinking in excess or who are unaware of their surroundings are ideal for thieves.
The number one way to avoid getting mugged or robbed is to not be a target in the first place. That’s where these handy nightlife safety tips come in handy.
Don’t be a Target:
- Stay in groups: The saying goes that there is ‘safety in numbers’. It’s true – thieves are less likely to target a group of people. Try not to walk alone after the party if you can.
- Walk in well-lit areas: Although a shortcut through an alley may be perfectly safe during the day, it’s the perfect spot for a robbery at night. Even if a detour to stay in well-trafficked or well-lit area may take an extra ten minutes to get home, it could save you from walking into a bad situation.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Conversations with friends and alcohol can lead to distraction. Make a point to pay attention to what’s going on around you once you’ve left the club, such as whether someone is following. Even if you would prefer not to take out your headphones, turn down the music so you can hear someone approaching.
- Use ATMs in the nightclub: ATMs are a prime spot for thieves to approach when your attention is fixed on the kiosk. If there is not ATM in the nightclub, bring a friend with you to keep watch. In addition, it may be a good idea to pull out only what you need for the night.
- Walk away from fights: Nightclub fights do happen, and it’s better to not be a part of one. If you see a fight escalating, or if someone is picking a fight with you, it’s better to walk away rather than be thrown out or potentially be injured.
- Avoid excessive drinking: Avoid drinking too much by setting a limit and sticking to it. If you’re planning to have a big night out, make sure you have a designated friend who knows where you are and can take you home if needed.
- Don’t leave your drink unattended: Drugging is sadly more commonplace than you might think. Even if you’re with close friends looking out for each other, someone from another table could take advantage of an unattended drink.
These nightlife safety tips are just a few of the ways to be safe at the club without compromising a great time out on the town. Make additions and adjustments to fit your situation and stay safe!