13 Jun Why Plan a Wedding After-Party?
A wedding after-party takes place after the official ceremony and reception have concluded. At first glance, this type of party may seem redundant after a full day of wedding events. Nonetheless, this type of party is becoming increasingly popular. Following a busy day of celebrations and ceremony, you may be wondering, ‘Why plan a wedding after-party at all?’
We’re glad you asked!
Wedding after-parties are ideal way to keep the party going once the reception is over. Often, families and their kids are present at receptions, and they’ll usually want to turn in earlier in the night. Wedding after-parties are the perfect after-hours solution for the newlyweds to celebrate with their friends. There aren’t really any rules to this type of celebration, and they are more free-flowing than receptions. It’s your day and your party. Let’s have some fun with it!
Choosing Invitations for Your Wedding After-Party
The first step in choosing invitations actually involves deciding exactly which type of after-party you’re most interested in. Spontaneous or low-key after-parties happen on the fly, and won’t need formal invitations. ‘True’ after-parties are planned and organized in advance, with details such as venue, theme, DJ and bottle service packaging pre-arranged with Birthday Bottle Service to make sure every detail has been considered and carefully tended to.
Once you’ve decided on what type of after-party you’d like to organize, the next step is deciding on which invites to send to your guests. Paperlust affords you the options of choosing between a large selection of set designs as well as paper stock. They even have samples available you can order so you can ensure the look and feel of invites is just right.
Ideas for Invites
The look and theme of the invite matters more than one might think. We can’t overstate enough how important that initial, ‘wow’ factor is to a future guest when opening that envelope. Not only that, but you can help people get an idea of what mood and vibe you are looking for with your invitation. Planning a 60’s themed party? A black-tie affair? Hollywood glitz and glamour?
Matching the correct look and theme of the after-party to its corresponding invitation is easier than it sounds when you’re working with Paperlust. If you aren’t finding a design that matches your specific event or just need to make an edit to an existing design, Paperlust offers a unique custom design service with quotes listed on site.
Tips for Choosing an After-Party Venue
Some people may choose to host their wedding after-party in the comfort of their own home. But others, especially apartment dwellers who simply may not have the space, may opt to host their party elsewhere. A few items to consider when planning your perfect wedding after-party.
- Location, location, location. When choosing a venue for your wedding after-party, one of your top considerations should be whether it’s an easy to reach from your reception location. Many of your guests will have been drinking and dancing for several hours and don’t need the task of a pilgrimage to the other side of town. Your best bet is a location close to the reception venue or close to where mist if your guests are staying for the night.
- Provide Transportation. The safety of your guests should be a top priority, and rides should be provided to and from the party. People tend to enjoy a few drinks at weddings and odds are good that at least one of your revelers will have overindulged before the night has reached conclusion. If there is room in your budget, it’s a wise and considerate gesture to hire a shuttle to make sure everyone can get to their destination without incident.
- Feed your guests. Yes, your reception meal was delicious and your guests couldn’t eat another bite by the time they make their way to the dance floor. But that was before 3 hours of rejoicing and high energy dancing! After all that partying, a few snacks would be warmly appreciated, especially for those who have been drinking. This is a great opportunity to incorporate some of your favorite foods into your wedding menu if they weren’t fancy enough for your catered dinner. Serve up some burgers and fries, waffles, fried chicken, sandwiches—whatever makes you happy!
- Cater to your audience. There’s no ‘right’ way to throw a party and you should feel free to tailor this after-party to what you and yours most enjoy. Maybe your idea of an awesome time is a game night with many of your favorite board games. Maybe the best idea for your group is the chance for some midnight bowling. Knowing the preferences of your guests is important when planning a successful event and after-party. The options are endless, so don’t be afraid to think outside the box and have fun with it!
Unsure where you need to go? Don’t have the time in your busy schedule to make arrangements? Drop a line to Birthday Bottle Service, a free party planning service for events and parties of any size.
Invites in a Snap with Paperlust
With so many different designs and options at your fingertips, you’ll find that selecting your invites on Paperlust.com is a pleasure, not a task. Paperlust is the full-service destination for the beginning, middle and end of the wedding planning process, including:
- Save the Date Cards
- Engagement Announcements
- Wedding and Bridal Shower Invitations
- Wedding After-Parties
- Thank You Cards
There are even Pregnancy and Baby Announcement cards for the next several steps down the line!
As you can see, no one offers the options and customization for all of your wedding after-party needs like Paperlust. With years of experience and a dedicated team of experts on hand and ready to help, your after-party will be in good hands and in the best possible position for success. Remember, this is your party. We’re just here to help.